It is the responsibility of the I.T. Technical Administrator to perform advanced problem determination and resolution and records all trouble situations reported to I.T., provide basic training to Staff CSRs and users, and provide first level support on all platforms including, but not limited to PCs, Telephony, Enterprise Networks, Windows, Linux and on all applications including, but not limited to, Opera, Konami, Micros, Time and Attendance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support, monitoring maintenance for all desk top computers, servers, tablets, etc.
- Respond to assigned calls and ensure that all client/user support calls and service requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- Assisting users with desktop, server, point of sale, business management programs, network or software troubleshooting, updating required software, firmware or applications, as assigned.
- Answering or escalating customer questions, instructing customers in the operations and maintenance of systems/equipment
- Updating tickets and assignments according to established procedures
- Responsible for issue resolution, software application errors, printer issues, shared resource access, running and terminating infrastructure cabling, hardware/software configuring and installations, performing maintenance related to any needed hardware and software, performing basic network and desktop installations, providing on-site field support to customers for repairs or upgrades, and other duties as assigned
- Maintain the latest procedures and documentation for all platforms.
- Perform tasks at the direction of department management.
- Monitor system performance and* report issues as necessary.
- Assist department management with department-driven or property-driven projects.
- Maintain property technical asset inventory.
- Keep up with current trends and technologies in the industry findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate I.T. staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of computer system installation, troubleshooting, problem determination, and operations techniques.
- Knowledge of Policy and Procedure methodologies.
- Knowledge of computer system installation, troubleshooting, problem determination, and restoration techniques.
- Knowledge of networking technologies, electronic hardware and software, real-time systems, and mission-critical systems.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Available to work in a 24 hour, 7 day a week environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College training equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training/certification required.
- Background experience in technical computer support environment preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in computer support
- Minimum age requirement is 21
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
- A Nevada Gaming Card is required.